/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
In March of this year, consulting company Syncapse asked 2,080 fans of 20 major brands (including Disney, Coca Cola, Levi’s, Subway and H&M) why they became Facebook fans of certain brands. Some of the answers might surprise you, e.g. nearly half of Fans like a page because they “support” the brand.
One eye-catching finding from the report is that the average value of a Facebook Fan is $174 (up 28% from 2010), based on spending, loyalty, propensity to recommend, earned media value, acquisition cost and brand affinity.
Here are some other interesting statistics from the study. Some of them might motivate to rethink how you use apps on your Facebook page.
- • 78% of Fans use a brand before they Like its page [Tweet this stat].
- • 49% of Brand Fans say they Like a Page because they “Support” the brand [Tweet this stat].
- • 42% of Fans Like a Page in order to get a coupon or discount [Tweet this stat].
- • 41% Like a Page to receive regular updates from a brand [Tweet this stat].
- • 35% Like a Page in order to participate in contests [Tweet this stat].
- • 31% of Fans Liked a Page so they could “share” their personal good experiences [Tweet this stat].
- • 27% of Fans LIked a Page so they could share their interests and lifestyle with others [Tweet this stat].
- • 21% Like a Page when they do research for specific products and services [Tweet this stat].
- • 20% Like a Page because they see that their friends are already Fans [Tweet this stat].
- • 18% of Fans say that an advertisement (TV, online, magazine) leads them to specific Pages [Tweet this stat].
- • 15% of Fans who Like a Page do so because a someone they know recommends the brand [Tweet this stat].